Image Map

Sunday, August 2, 2015

All Things Bulletin Boards!


We are teaming up with the awesome Ashley and Angie of Schroeder Shenanigans and Lucky Little Learners to talk about Bulletin Boards.  


This year, I decided to use the windows as an extra bulletin board to display the anchor charts we are currently working on. This will also help with the infinite distractions of the 8 delivery trucks that pull up right outside my window every day. The best part, every time one of my lovely students looks out the window for a distraction (which I'm a-ok with) they will also be looking at content I want them to know. Bonus, bonus, bonus.
Every other board is reserved for student work or celebrating student successes. I make sure that for each work that I display, every child is represented.  If I hang up book reports, they all go up. If I hang up research projects, every child has theirs on the wall.This picture shows my main work displays.

It has a writing place for every child, their research projects on the windows (i.e. Delivery Truck Viewing Area) and another writing/art project from Hope King's Spotlight on Patricia Polacco unit.
I reserve one board for rules, tracking goals and other important things that everyone needs to see. The main focus of the board is the Super Improvers board from WBT. I use this wonderful tracker from First Grade O.W.L.s
 I love helping the kids set goals and celebrate their successes.Happy decorating!-E

Hello! I am a HUGE believer in covering my walls in all student work! I LOVE seeing what the kids work so hard in being hung up (and they love it, too). It drives them to work hard to do their best work to be hung up and it amazes me that they can do the amazing things they can do. Even when I show the expected outcomes and know they are ready for this activity, it still amazes me with the work that they can do.I have a small portion of my wall dedicated to anchor charts, but mainly that stays on my whiteboard in a section dedicated to anchor charts. Basically the ones they will be needing to access during that time will be hung up. Also, all the anchor charts for what I know will be difficult or hard to remember will be up in a special location they can always refer to. But mainly I fill my walls/bulletin boards with student work. (even most anchor charts are student work)I have one wall that is dedicated to student work, labeled "Super Stars." I mainly post their most recent writing here.

This is my "Super Stars" wall where all my writing is hung up. If you look at my walls before the start of the school year, they are basically bare.
But once that school year starts they are filled with all the wonderful things my students do. Sometimes I fell there is not enough space to showcase all of their hard and wonderful work they do.This is what my student work wall looks like. They are still in the process on working on things, but it also give me an idea of who is done with what. 
My walls are constantly changing and I LOVE it.

Nothing is better than seeing your students' work covering the walls, knowing they worked really hard and learned something from the lessons. I absolutely love it. They love it. The parents love it. And the school loves it. Be proud of their (and your) accomplishments!-K


Thank you for taking time to take a look into what we do for bulletin boards. We are having so much fun with our first blogging linky party!!

Thanks Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd and Lucky Little Learners for hosting this link up! I can't wait to see what other people have to say about bulletin boards.
Head back to Lucky Little Learners and see what awesome ideas other people have because #2getherwearebetter!


1 comment:

  1. I cover my walls with student work too! It's not the prettiest or the most pin worthy, but I love it! Nice to see someone else feels the same way!

    -Jessica
    The Whimsical Teacher

    ReplyDelete